Guidelines for 21 Day Detox Menu
1 Cup Aloe Vera
1 Cup Herbalife Beverage
Green Shake with water, fruit and green leaves
- ½ cup Fibre 1 or Branflakes with ½ cup soy/rice/almond milk
- Medium sized fruit ….apple/pear/banana/peach/nectarine plus 5 almonds
- 2 Dates plus 4 walnuts
- Big green salad with whole wheat rice and lentils
- Bowl of lentil soup and salad
- Whole wheat rice with green beans/ mung beans (mash) and salad
- Sushi Roll …. 6 pieces of sushi and fresh salad and miso soup
- Small bowl of fruit salad …. pear/watermelon/melon/grapes
- Plate of cut up vegetables …. pepper/carrot/celery/cabbage/kolrabi, etc. Few pieces of
soya cheese (different flavours) can be added or techina or humous or a vegetable dip
- Shake (like breakfast)
- 1 Cup Quaker oats with 2 cups of water/little sugar/cinnamon/handful of
raisins/banana cut into cubes.
(Preparation for Oats - Cook the oats in the water on medium heat for about 10 minutes – stirring constantly. Add a little sugar/banana/cinnamon and cook for another 10 minutes all the time stirring.)
As an option you can always add coconut/bran/ wheat/honey/apple/dried fruit and almonds
Drink when needed ……… water/herb tea/ Herbalife herbal beverage/Herbalife Aloe Vera. There is no need to drink huge amounts. The shake is made up of a good amount of water as is the Aloe Vera and Herbal Beverage. Try as a rule to drink ½ hour before your meal and well as ½ hour after.
Eat lots of vegetables especially green ones in your shake and salad as well as cooked.
At snack time try to eat fruit or vegetables with nuts.
It’s advisable during these 21 days to stay away from milk products or anything that contains milk.
If there is a need for coffee stick to 2 cups per day of either black coffee/expresso or coffee with soy/rice/almond milk.
If you have a craving for something sweet have a few pieces of dried fruit (organic is best) or chocolate made from carob or Halva.
Try to stay away from bread. If really necessary you can have spelt bread without yeast or gluten.
Try and listen to your body. The cleansing demands a lot of effort from your body. If you feel tired try and rest. Eat and drink when necessary. Don’t force yourselves to eat or drink because “you have to”.
Try and do some gentle exercise. A walk in the park, swimming, cycling or anything else that you like. It’s good to be out in the fresh air.
Use this period of time to get into new habits. The more you do the more energetic you will become.
Meat, chicken or fish can be added 2-3 times per week